Monday, August 22, 2011

Busy

There is so much happening in my world today, that it seemed only appropriate that I also find the time to squeeze in my very first post. Why not put one more thing on my list?!?! That's how I like things, right? Busy. Busy is one word that describes me well. I enjoy staying busy. I don't really know how to sit still or stay home or stop moving. It was ingrained in me at a young age, and it's now just what I do. Constantly finding new things, new friends, and new experiences to keep me "busy." Think someone should throw a dinner party to get to know the new neighbors in town? I'm your girl. Suddenly have a free lunch open and want a friend that will meet you on the fly? I'm there! Need an extra project handled at work? Be sure to call me.
I've had so many people tell me, "How do you stay so busy? Aren't you tired? Are your kids worn out?" And my instant reaction is to want to punch them in the face and yell something like, "Well, maybe you're just lazy!" But instead I say, "It's just who I am." I've tried to feel guilty for it, but I don't. I've tried to slow down and take it easy, but that just gets me into trouble. Does it sometimes make me a crazy lady with too much on my plate? Sure. Am I at times stressed by the multitude of things to get done in one day? Absolutely. But for now I've realized, I'm just totally ok with all of that. I am content, no I'm thrilled, with being a busy lady. It challenges me, it sharpens me, and it makes me who I am. It keeps me constantly spiraling forward and not having time to look back with regret or wonder. It encourages me to say yes to new opportunities and walk thru open doors that come my way, even if I'm a little scared. I continue daily to grow so much as a wife, mom, and friend by the people, experiences, and moments in time that I so easily could have missed if I didn't allow myself to be "busy." A wise friend used to always say, "If you're not growing, you're dying," and it's forever been one of my life mottos. So maybe one day I'll stop running a little short on sleep and maybe, just maybe I'll get tired of all the juggling. But for now, I think I'll keep on growing!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. It so describes you. Maybe it's all the homes you've lived in your whole life that makes you a ramblin' rose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I love you. And I hope you never change! I'm happy I'll be able to get my Whitter fill every day through your lovely little blog!

    ReplyDelete